Visitor Services Assistant
To assist with all aspects of visitor services at NMIH: reception desk, admission, registration for public programs, visitor statistics, patrolling galleries, and assisting with shop sales and inventory.
Reports to: Coordinator of Visitor Experiences.
- Assists with general museum reception and visitor services, meets and greets the general public at the main entrance reception desk
- Provides general information about the museum, exhibits and the community
- Takes admission and public program fees using a Point of Sale system
- Answers the telephone and fields calls to appropriate staff members
- Handles and balances cash and related paper entries
- Assists with membership program and renewal efforts
- Assists with sales and inventory in the Museum Shop
- Assists with the promotion, registration and implementation of public programs
- Relays accurate information about planned programs/events
- May assist with informal tours of the galleries to individuals and groups
Qualifications and Skills Preferred
- Must enjoy working with the public, meeting new people, partnering with volunteers
- Must possess excellent oral communication skills
- Experience with point of sales software a plus
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and some evening hours
Rate of pay: This position is a part-time role. 16 hours per week. Visitor Services/Admission Desk will receive $10.00 per hour based on experience and are not eligible for benefits
To apply: email Deedee Riffle, Coordinator of Visitor Services, at email@example.com.